Go to top of page

Travel advice and registering your travel

­­­­The Australian Government issues travel advice and travel bulletins for Australian travellers.

For the latest US travel advice, or to subscribe for regular updates, visit the Smartraveller website.

The Australian Government encourages all Australians travelling or residing overseas to register their travel and contact information using Smartraveller.

24-hour Consular Assistance

Outside business hours, Australians requiring emergency consular assistance can call the 24-hour Consular Emergency Centre in Canberra on +61 2 6261 3305 or SMS +61 421 269 080.

During business hours, Australians in the United States requiring consular assistance should contact the Australian Embassy or their relevant Australian Consulate-General.