We love celebrating Australian-owned and inspired businesses here in the United States. If you're feeling homesick or simply searching for a meat pie or a flat white, this is your go-to list across the US!
Map of Aussie-owned and inspired cafes and restaurants across the United States
Other businesses, including online, no shop front or food trucks!
- Aussie Pies and Sausages - Every order is made fresh and they ship to every state in the US!
- AussieProducts.com - With over 4,500 products, we supply the expat community with the comforts of "home" and the American market with a "taste" of Australia (Souvenirs, Australian food, Akubra Hats, Driza-Bone coats, Educational Material, Australian Meat Pies
- Australian Products Co - everything from Cadbury and Ribena to Australian inflatables and cork hats.
- G'day Gourment - award-winning, delicious and authentic Aussie meat pies.
- Glasshouse Fragrances - Glasshouse Fragrances is Australia's leading fragrance brand - shop here for gorgeously-scented candles, body washes, soaps, and diffusers, all made in Australia.
- Gumnut Gatherings - Australian wildflower bouquets for events, weddings, picnics, etc!
- Hungry Harry's Foods - Allergy friendly foods, baking mixes, etc.
- Simply Australian - your one stop shop for hats, flags, souveneirs, skin and body care, books, apparel, food + more (they even stock Napisan and Dettol!)
- Treats from Oz - COVID-19 goodies care package anyone? Treats from Oz sell amazing care packages for your loved ones (or yourself!), as well as stocking your regular favourites - from Shapes to Tim Tams to paw paw ointment!
- The Tuckerbox Food Trailer - main location in Alexandria, PA
- The Australian Food Shop - the name says it all, everything Australian food - 2 minute noodles (university days anyone?), Twisties, Weetbix, care packages + more.
- Aussie Food Express - Australian lollies, foods, clothing, household products, boots, accessories + more.
- World Market - fully stocked with everything you need to enjoy your arvo - Bundaberg Ginger Beer, Tim Tams, Vegemite + more.
Australian Academic Study Programs in North America
The Australia-United States bilateral relationship is supported by a number of not-for-profit, business and community organisations that seek to deepen our understanding of one another and strengthen ties across all aspects of the partnership. They are a vital part of the people-to-people relationships that underpin the close friendship between our nations.
- American Australian Association (AAA) – located in NYC, the AAA is considred the leading privately funded nonprofit organisation dedicated to deepening and strengthening cooperation and understanding between the institutions and people of the United States and Australia.
- Center for Australian, New Zealand and Pacific Studies (CANZPS) - located at in Georgetown University, Washington, DC and is part of the Walsh School of Foreign Service.
- Australian and New Zealand Studies – located at University of Texas at Austin in the Clark Center. Also at the University of Texas at Austin is the Harry Ransom (gallery and research) Center that holds various collections of Australiana.
- Australia and New Zealand Studies Association of North America (ANZSANA) – no physical location – is an academic association founded in 1989 with the aim to deepen the understanding about Australia and New Zealand in North America. Their annual meetings bring together academics, journalists, and diplomats who share research and discuss issues germane to Australia, New Zealand, the Indo-Pacific region, and Canada, Mexico, and the United States.
- The American Association of Australasian Literary Studies (AAALS) – no physical location - is a scholarly organisation with members on four continents. An invitation to membership is extended to all those interested in Australian and New Zealand literature and culture specifically, and postcolonial studies more generally.