Australian Consulate-General New York
Telephone: +1 (212) 351 6500
Fax: +1 (212) 351 6501
Address: 150 E 42nd St (34th Floor), New York, NY, 10017
For all business inquiries, please contact Michael Ryan via email@example.com
Our consular network provides assistance to Australians living in other parts of the United States.
Stay informed: common questions about travel and passports answered here.
- For more information about COVID-19 updates in New York City, please visit NYC Health.
Travel restrictions, updates on schools, restaurants, emergency services and transport are available on state government websites. We recommend you subscribe to alerts from local authorities in your state, including: New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Ohio, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands.
Visiting our office
Building requirements to observe when you visit the Consulate:
- All visitors and employees must wear face coverings in the building.
- You must have an appointment confirmed in advance to visit our office.
- If you have a fever, cough or any COVID-19 symptoms, please reschedule your appointment.
- Please do not attend our offices if you are ill or if you have had recent exposure to someone who is ill.
- Please do not bring individuals to your appointment who are not required to attend. If you are applying for a child passport, both parents are welcome to attend.
- Please arrive as close to your appointment time as possible (and not prior) to allow for appropriate social distancing in our reception area.
Our website contains detailed information on applying for a passport.
24-hour Consular Assistance
Outside business hours, Australians requiring emergency consular assistance can call the 24-hour consular emergency helpline free from the US on +61 2 6261 3305 or SMS +61 421 269 080. During business hours, Australians in the United States requiring consular assistance should contact your nearest Australian mission.
Australian visas, immigration, customs and citizenship
Please visit the Department of Home Affairs website or call the Global Service Centre in Australia on +61 2 6196 0196. The Consulate-General is unable to provide information on visas, immigration, customs or citizenship.