Job: Regional Human Resources Officer
Location: Embassy of Australia, Washington DC
Position Number: 10030
Status: Full Time
Term of Employment: This recruitment is for 5 months temporary (fixed-term) offer of employment
Agency/Branch/Work Unit: DFAT /CMCB/Human Resources
Security Assessment: Nil
Internal applicants may be considered for this position through secondment. A one- page expression of interest should be submitted, along with the LES application form and your resume. Prior support from your supervisor is required.
Recruitment Officer: Information about Locally-Engaged positions can be located on our website: https://usa.embassy.gov.au/terms-and-conditions-employment
Email additional questions to: Recruitment.Washington@dfat.gov.au
The closing date for receipt of applications for this position is closing of business on Wednesday, 30 May 2018.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. If you have not been requested to attend an interview within two weeks of the closing date please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
How to Apply
For details on how to apply, please see our website: https://usa.embassy.gov.au/how-apply
About the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
The role of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is to advance the interests of Australia and Australians internationally. This involves strengthening Australia’s security, enhancing Australia’s prosperity, delivering an effective and high quality overseas aid program and helping Australian travellers and Australians overseas.
The department provides foreign, trade and development policy advice to the Australian Government. DFAT also works with other Australian government agencies to drive coordination of Australia’s pursuit of global, regional and bilateral interests.
About the Position
The position is located in the Human Resources (HR) Section which is responsible for providing a wide range of Human Resources programs and client service functions to a broad clientele.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
Provide HR services which includes:
- LES recruitment – drafting position descriptions, advertisements, shortlists, interviews, selection committees and overseeing final report
- Benefits administration for LES – medical, dental, life and vision coverage, superannuation, pension and COBRA administration
- LES leave management – manual process
- LES and A-Based inductions
- LES contract renewals as required
- Training and Wellness programs
- Selection and placement of temporary staff, including interns
- Provide advice and guidance to staff on the Embassy’s Terms and Conditions of Employment for Locally-Engaged Staff and related Embassy policies.
Process HR related payments, including payroll variances using SAP HRMIS
Provide HR advice to North American Posts – payroll, leave administration and guidance on local terms and conditions and medical benefits and training
Maintain HR hard copy and soft copy records.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the delivery of contemporary human resources programs, policies and practices.
- Excellent client service, communication, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively consult with clients at all levels, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply policies and guidelines.
- Effective organisational and problem solving skills, including an ability to establish work priorities and meet deadlines.
- An ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent team player and the ability to contribute effectively as a member of a small team, including proven initiative, cooperation, flexibility, and reliability.
- Proficiency and accuracy in using information management systems and computer software including MS Word and Excel.
- Experience in SAP HRMIS.