Job: Housekeeper – Residence of the Australian Deputy Chief of Mission
Position title: Housekeeper – Residence of the Australian Deputy Chief of Mission
Location: Washington DC
Status: Full time (40 hours per week)
Salary: $35,000 per annum
Under the direction of the Deputy Chief of Mission and her spouse, the Housekeeper is responsible for cleaning and maintenance of the Residence.
The position is a full time (40 hours per week).
The commencement salary is $35,000 per year. The conditions of service package includes live in accommodation, paid leave, medical insurance and a pension plan. The position will require occasional additional hours which will be compensated as overtime.
This is a live-in position.
The closing date for receipt of applications for this position is Close of Business on Wednesday, 21 February 2018 (EST).
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. If you have not been requested to attend an interview within four weeks of the closing date please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
How to Apply
Submit applications to Recruitment.Washington@dfat.gov.au
Applications should include:
- A cover letter addressing the selection criteria requested below.
- A current resume
- Cleaning, tidying, vacuuming, dusting and polishing bedrooms, bathrooms, sitting rooms, hallways (including dusting lamps, furniture, pictures, etc). This category includes some heavy cleaning;
- Washing, ironing, and sewing, including household linen and curtains;
- Assisting with functions at the residence, including greeting guests, banquet waiting, wine service, table setting and clearing;
- Monitoring the need for repairs and maintenance in the residence and performing those that are minor/routine and arranging for the major work to be done;
- Occasional childminding, including school pick-ups and drop-offs;
- Other related duties as directed.
The successful applicant will possess all of the selection criteria below:
- Experience in general household maintenance of an official residence, including the physical capacity to lift weights to approximately 45 pounds and climb stairs
- A positive work attitude, highly organised, flexible and adaptable
- Good communication skills including an ability to follow instructions, good presentation skills and a courteous manner.