Internship: Executive Office of the Ambassador
Executive Office of the Ambassador Internship
The Executive Office of the Ambassador is a small team responsible for the strategic planning and engagement of the Australian Ambassador to the United States.
The Executive Office is seeking an intern to participate in policy research and other projects related to the Ambassador’s engagement. The intern will be expected to complete three days per week, however this is negotiable. The internship is unpaid.
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
Applicants must have completed at least three years of college-level study and be currently enrolled in undergraduate or postgraduate studies. Applications will also be accepted from recent graduates from either undergraduate or postgraduate studies.
Applicants must either be a United States citizen or a lawful permanent resident (Green Card holder) or hold a dependant visa with current Employment Authorisation. Under United States immigration law, any other class of visa (including 'F', and 'J') is not compatible with working for a foreign mission.
Please be advised that your commencement date is contingent upon the successful completion of background checks undertaken by the Embassy.
Summary of Duties
The intern will:
- Assist with a range of research and other projects related to the Ambassador’s engagement and policy agenda.
- Participate in the planning for and execution of representational events.
- Accompany senior staff to meetings and other functions.
- Assist with supplemental duties supporting the administrative functions of the office
The successful candidate will:
- Have knowledge of, and a personal interest in, Australia and modern forms of diplomacy;
- Have completed a minimum of three years of a recognised college degree;
- Possess strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills;
- Possess strong research and analytical skills; and
- Exhibit initiative and adaptability.
How to Apply
All applications must include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Internship Application Form - Download the Internship Application Form
Please send your application to: Recruitment.Washington@dfat.gov.au
Note: Due to the large volume of applications we are unable to respond to each applicant. If you have not been requested to attend an interview, please assume that your application has not been successful.