Embassy of Australia
United States of America

Travel Advice and Registering Your Travel

Smartraveller:  Travel Advice for Australians

The Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade issues Travel Advice and Travel Bulletins for Australian travellers, including for the United States. For all the latest advice, or to subscribe for regular updates, visit www.smartraveller.gov.au.

The US Department of State issues travel advice for United States citizens that can be found at http://travel.state.gov.

Register your travel plans

We encourage all Australians travelling or residing overseas to register their travel and contact information with the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade.

You can register online at www.orao.dfat.gov.au, or via the ‘Register Your Travel’ facility on the Smart Traveller website, www.smartraveller.gov.au.