- About Us
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- Exhibitions and Events
- Residence Art Collection
- Australia-United States of America relationship
- Travel advice
- Register with us
How to obtain an Australian passport in the United States of America
1. Find out what type of form that you need to use: PC7 or PC8.
3. Fill out your application forms online at the global website: www.passports.gov.au. Note: You cannot download blank forms. You must complete the form online.
4. Print the completed application form. Sign and date where required using Australian Date Format - DD/MM/YYYY. Any applications containing dates in US format will be rejected.
5. Obtain two passport photos. Carefully check the photo specifications below as we reject about 90% of photos due to non-compliance. There is a list of US photographers and online services to help you.
6. Prepare for your interview by using the checklist below to avoid common errors. Your application will not be accepted if there are errors or missing information and you will need to return for another interview.
5. Lodge your application in person at any passport office. For child applications, the application must be lodged in person by one parent. It does not matter whether the lodging parent is Australian.
All passport information on this website is current. Please do NOT contact our offices to re-confirm information you have already obtained from this website.
Additional information for passport applicants
Fees (all fees payable in the United States of America are in US dollars)
Credit card authorisation form (not for use in Honolulu)
Guarantor information (for use with Form PC8 only)
Link to B11 - General statement by passport applicant - use this form only if requested by the Passport Office
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)