What form do I need to complete?
PC7 Renewal Form - forms can be completed at www.passports.gov.au
Adults who are renewing their Australian passport can use the Australian Passport Renewal Application Form (PC7) if all of the following are true:
- you are an adult (over 18 years old), AND
- your most recent passport was issued when you were 16 years or older, AND
- you are not changing any of your personal details on the passport, AND
- your most recent passport is/was valid for over 2 years at the time of issue, AND
- your most recent passport has not been reported lost/stolen AND
- your most recent passport has not been expired for more than three years (or is still current), AND
- you are successfully able to answer the security questions on the website.
PC8 Overseas Passport Application Form - forms can be completed at www.passports.gov.au
If you do not qualify for a PC7 renewal form, you must use a PC8 form. This includes the following applicants:
- you are applying for a first ever Australian passport
- you are applying for a child passport (under 18 years of age)
- you are applying for a first adult passport when your child passport was issued to you at 15 years or younger
- you are replacing a passport reported lost or stolen
- you are applying to change your name or personal details on the passport
- you are applying for your first passport after resumption of citizenship
- you are applying to replace a limited validity passport, emergency passport, or other temporary travel document
- your passport has been expired for more than 3 years
- you cannot answer the security questions for the renewal form.