90% of the applications we receive are incomplete and must be rejected. Please use this checklist to make sure your application is complete before travelling to see us.
Overseas Application form (PC8)
- Fully completed application form in black pen
- All supporting documents are original (with official translations if not in English)
- Proof of citizenship provided – Australian birth certificate or Australian citizenship certificate.
- Were you born after 20 August 1986 in Australia? If so, additional documents are required - see PC8 instructions
- Overseas birth certificate (with translation if not in English) for proof of gender and birth place, plus name change documents for any name changes since birth – this applies to applicants born overseas only. If you cannot provide your birth certificate, you can use your previous passport.
- Name change documents provided if the name to go in your new passport is different from your Australian birth certificate name or Australian citizenship certificate name – see name change requirements.
- Photos checked for size and quality - check under a magnifying glass to make sure there is no graininess, bluriness, pixelation or stripes.
- Guarantor has written on the back of one photo “This is a true photo of 'applicant name'” and signed underneath.
- Guarantor signature in Section 11 must exactly match guarantor signature on back of photo
- No whiteout, overwriting or alterations on signatures/dates at Sections 11, 15, 17 and 18.
- Signatures at 17 and 18 are inside the white box.
- Australian date format used throughout form (DD/MM/YYYY) - check Sections 11, 15 and 17.
- Visa and MasterCard are the only acceptable forms of payment – remember, fees are adjusted on the 1st of each month.
- Correct ID Combination provided - all ID must be original and valid, and contain proof of address
- Full original birth certificate for child (with official translation if not in English)
- Mother's name in section 13A exactly matches the child's birth certificate - many US birth certificates only show the mother's maiden name so please check carefully
- If parents' names in 13B and 14B are different from how they appear on child's birth certificate, name change documentation provided – eg. marriage certificate
- Both parents have given consent at Section 15
- Witness at Section 15 is not related or living in same household as either parent or child
- Lodging parent signed/dated declaration at Section 17 (on behalf of child)
- Children aged 10 and over signed at Section 18 inside the box
- All court orders issued in relation to the child provided - must be original
- Name change documentation for child provided if current name is different from birth name
- 1 piece of government-issued photo/signature ID provided for the lodging parent, including proof of address