Information Communication Technology(ICT)
Location: Embassy of Australia, Washington DC
LE level: 4
Position Number: 11501
Agency/Branch/Work Unit: Defence/IT
Security Assessment: Required*
*This position is a designated security assessed position. Applicants must be Australian citizens only and not a dual national of the USA to be eligible for engagement. Employment in the advertised position is dependent on the employee having or acquiring a valid DFAT recognised security clearance. Security clearances can take several months to process, and employment cannot be commenced until an appropriate clearance is confirmed. There is no guarantee that the successful candidate for the position will be successful in obtaining a clearance. The inability to obtain a clearance prevents that applicant from being employed and loss of a security clearance at any time will lead to termination of employment.
Contact Officer: Specific questions related to the position can be directed to Tim Tulk on email@example.com
Recruitment Officer: Specific questions related to the position can be directed to Paul P. Vella at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-202-797-3284. Information about Locally-Engaged positions and Embassy recruitment procedures can be located on our website: http://www.usa.embassy.gov.au/whwh/Employment.html
The closing date for receipt of applications for this position is close of business Friday 21 July 2017. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. If you have not been requested to attend an interview within two weeks of the closing date please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
How to Apply
For details on how to apply, please see our website: www.usa.embassy.gov.au/whwh/HowToApply.html
Please note taxation is a personal responsibility for all Locally Engaged Staff and individuals should confirm their taxation obligations before considering an offer of employment with the Embassy.
About the Department of Defence
The primary role of Defence is to defend Australia and its national interests against armed attack. In doing so, Defence serves the Government of the day and is accountable to the Commonwealth Parliament which represents the Australian people to efficiently and effectively carry out the Government's Defence policy. Australia's Defence policy is founded on the principle of self-reliance in the direct Defence of Australia, but with a capacity to do more where there are shared interests with partners and allies.
The position is provides first and second level Information Communication Technology (ICT) support to Australian Defence staff working in the North American Region (NAR).
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide day-to-day ICT desktop and user support to Australian Defence staff within the NAR
- Support Network and Server operations including data file backup and restores on behalf of Chief Information Officer Group
- Provide user account and group administration for the Protected and Secret Network including, email group membership, file access control, web access and other account related functions as required
- Perform hardware, software installations, upgrades and administration for the Protected and Secret networks and standalone computers
- Maintenance of SQL databases
- Provide management and maintenance of the Defence NAR SharePoint page.
Applicants must address all criteria listed
- Proven experience in web based technologies including applications and service delivery
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft products including MS Windows Operating System, Office Suits and PC hardware in a secure LAN environment and a demonstrated ability to diagnose faults, perform installations and effect repairs
- Strong written and oral communication skills and sound interpersonal liaison skills
- Strong organisational skills including, a stronger customer focus and relationship skills in delivery of customer support
- An ability to contribute productively as a member of a team, as well as the ability to be relied upon to work independently
- An understanding of Defence ICT policy, infrastructure and networks
- Experience working within the ITIL Framework
- Relevant qualifications, certifications and/or experience in Microsoft and Cisco technologies
- Experience in large enterprise support of ICT systems
- Experience in working within a secure computing environments.