Senior ICT Support Officer
Location: Embassy of Australia, Washington DC
LE Level: 5.1
Position Numbers: 10147
Agency/Branch/Work Unit: Defence/HADS(W)
Salary: $64,002 USD per annum
Contract: This is a 6 month contract – without the possibility of extension.
Security Assessment: Required*
* Applicants must be Australian citizens only to be eligible for engagement. Employment in the advertised position is dependent on the employee holding or obtaining the required level of clearance. Security clearances can take several months to process, and employment cannot be commenced until the required level of clearance is confirmed. There is no guarantee that the successful candidate for the position will be successful in obtaining a clearance. The inability to obtain a clearance prevents that applicant from being employed and loss of a security clearance at any time will lead to termination of employment.
Contact Officer: Specific questions related to the position can be directed to Timothy Tulk at on +1 (202) 797- 3004 or email@example.com
Recruitment Officer: Information about Locally-Engaged positions and Embassy recruitment procedures can be located on our website: http://www.usa.embassy.gov.au/whwh/Employment.html.
The closing date for receipt of applications for this position is Opening of Business on Wednesday 30 August 2017 (9:00am EST). Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. If you have not been requested to attend an interview within four weeks of the closing date please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
How to Apply
For details on how to apply, please see our website: www.usa.embassy.gov.au/whwh/HowToApply.html.
Please note taxation is a personal responsibility for all Locally Engaged Staff and individuals should confirm their taxation obligations before considering an offer of employment with the Embassy.
About the Department
The primary role of Defence is to defend Australia and its national interests against armed attack. In doing so, Defence serves the Government of the day and is accountable to the Commonwealth Parliament which represents the Australian people to efficiently and effectively carry out the Government's defence policy. Australia's defence policy is founded on the principle of self-reliance in the direct defence of Australia, but with a capacity to do more where there are shared interests with partners and allies.
Senior ICT Support Officer undertakes moderately complex network administration and desktop support activities and tasks providing up to level 3 support. The Senior ICT Support Officer is required to work within a framework of legislation, established principles, and work practices and procedures in accordance with Australian Defence’s mission and business objectives. The position will undertake various network administration activities involving documenting diagnosis, resolution of faults, and network and/or desktop device performance monitoring.
Senior ICT Support Officer will contribute to the work of a team consistent to a work plan and has a direct staff management responsibility for the ICT Support Officer position. The Senior ICT Support Officer may be required to engage with relevant stakeholders to identify and manage expectations and concerns.
The key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide up to Level 3 support for ICT assets and users in the Defence Information Environment.
- Perform ICT installations, configurations, upgrades, repairs and removal of hardware and software in accordance with approved Defence Information Environment (DIE) instructions and tools
- Manage, lead and supervise the Defence Senior ICT Support Officer position, including performance management, leave management, daily tasking, training and development
- Provide ongoing support for the operation of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network communication links servicing DIE networks
- Perform asset management tasks for applicable ICT assets in the Chief Information Officer Group (CIOG) asset databases
- Maintain an awareness of the overall responsibility of other Government Departments in terms of controlling DIE ICT and its security in NAR
Applicants must address all criteria listed
- Formal qualifications in Information Technology (Networking) or Telecommunications Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise a small team.
- Demonstrated prior responsibility for network administration or network administration experience and formal qualifications. Experience in administration of secure networks is desirable.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of current networking (LAN & WAN) hardware and operating systems in a mixed networked environment including Secure Networks.
- In-depth knowledge of current PC software and related hardware and its maintenance.
- Demonstrated high level commitment to quality customer service, support and delivery.
- Sound understanding of Information Security and Accreditation requirements.
- Prior experience in having performed the duties of an Senior ICT Support Officer on the DIE Networks.
- An understanding of Australian Defence CIOG Policy and Procedures.
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Prior experience in having delivered effective results with limited direction.
- Prior experience in the use of Enterprise Service Management Tools (e.g. TAMIT, HP SM9).
- Vendor Specific Certification and Training (e.g. CISCO, Network Appliance, HP)
- Defence Information Security officer course.